Thursday, February 20, 2014

A New Year, A New Blog

Well, I decided that there are things in my life that I need, not only to change, but to improve.  That being said, I decided to rework some things on the grand internet, and start from scratch in a lot of places.  Obviously, some emails and such are too labor intensive to jack with, but there are other things that can be changed.  Other things that I can start over....Like a blog.  Yeah, I know, what about the followers?  Um....what followers.  I lost all those quite a while ago, when I quit posting on a regular basis while I was going through I crapload of things in my personal life.  What about all the work I put into the old one??  Yeah, no, that's a part of my life that's over.  I'm turning the page and starting a new chapter!

So, that being said, let me tell you a little about me:

First of all, I cuss like a sailor.  NO lie...I cuss a lot.  I try, in my posts, however, to temper it some, but it's gonna happen.  Secondly, I go on the occasional rant...be it politics, a current event or shitty drivers on the highway.  Agree with me or don't...I don't care.  It's my blog and I can say whatever I want.  I'm not going to apologize for my beliefs or my opinions on various topics....I will say, I am old enough to have earned my thoughts and so.....I'm sorry I'm NOT sorry.

My name is Melody.  I'm a 45 year old, stay at home mom of 3, ages 24, 14 and 13.  Now obviously the 24 year old doesn't need her mommy to stay at home, but she's one of my babies, so I include her there.  We have 3 dogs, Jack (a 10 year old toy poodle), Sooner (a 3 year old Rat Terrier) and Miss Scarlett (a two year old Dorkiedoodle-doxie, poodle, yorkie mix).  Rest assured, I will share pics of the kids AND the dogs on a fairly regular basis.

I am an avid reader, art journaler, and knitter.  My youngest kids play sports, so of course I am their hugest fan (and I'm NOT just talking about the size of my backside).  I love watch movies or a favorite tv show, while reading and working on a page or three in my journal.  I am currently involved in a couple of projects - including The Documented Life Project, Journal 52 and hoping to get caught up, or at least re-start my Project Life album for this year.  I love hitting antiques stores/malls, thrift shops and finding a super bargain.  I love most things vintage and love it even more when I can score an amazing deal on something I've fallen in love with.  You can bet I'll post those pictures on here, too.  I love sharing pictures, and finds and all that happy crappy stuff.

That is pretty much all there is to tell about me, so there you have it!  I'll be back at some point to post more....maybe even Friday Favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment